Tuesday 7 May 2013

Wow! It's been well over a year since I last put fingers to keyboard and put something onto this blog. it's not that nothing has happened, because lots has, I've just been putting it off, on a daily basis, for over a year. Well, I have received a few prods recently so will pledge to be back at it again.

First off, I will confirm that I am still following a vegan diet. I will also confirm that I am feeling exceedingly healthy as well.

Some small changes, with which at first I struggled to implement, have become habits, good habits. I generally take my lunch to work. Aside from saving a tonne of money, I make sure that I eat properly during the day, something I was not particularly good at. I'll cover some of what I take in following posts. (See? I've promised to write more!)

I've also added a layer of exercise to my daily routine. A simple routine which has strengthened my core muscles, back, legs and abdominals. I'll cover this in a later post as well. It was a such a small simple routine, that paid great dividends, it would be almost criminal not to share it. From this point, I have more confidence to play with some yoga (stretching and flexibility must improve!).

Meditation, something that I was introduced to in my pre-teen years by my parents, has become more regular, though not part of my daily routine. This will happen. Habits are developed over time, one step at a time. On the subject of habits, I've been absorbing much of Zen habits. Simple slices of advice on how to simplify and reduce clutter in life by developing new habits. More on this later.

On the food side, Vancouver is starting to blossom with new restaurants offering vegan meal options, or even  a vegan menu. part of my routine of late has included Sunday brunch at the Rhizome Cafe. I was introduced to this place through Vancouver Meatless Meet-up and what a happy introduction! M y favorites include, the Breakfast Polenta and the Pumpkin Pesto Tofu Scramble. Reasonably priced, friendly service. Unfortunately they will be closing in July and shuffling off to Toronto. It will be missed. Until then I will happily enjoy my brunches there.


On the Fresh and newly opening side. Graze is opening soon. Speaking of which, I need to get my butt in gear. I am attending a soft opening dinner there in 20 minutes. Fortunately  Graze is within walking distance from my home!

No comments:

Post a Comment